Thursday, November 10, 2005

Pissed off

I really should be going to bed because I'm under the weather, but I just had to write a little bit more. I fired off two letters tonight; one to my Congressman, Wayne Gilchrest, and one to my local paper.

Gilchrest's letter chewed him out for being a spineless squishy moderate and holding up the Deficit Reduction Act of 2005 because he doesn't want ANWR drilling. Obviously he wants countries like Mexico, Venezuela, Nigeria, and Saudi Arabia (4 of our top 5 suppliers) to control our energy policy. I say drill that sonofabitch dry, but in a nicer tone.

The Daily Times letter is a solicitation for a Gilchrest primary opponent in 2006. Since we have a RINO in the House, methinks it's time for a conservative to get in the ring. If Gilchrest is on the ballot for the GOP, it's going to be very tough for me to vote for anyone. Hopefully a Libertarian will run, I can at least help that party out a bit. I did it a couple times in Ohio for "safe" GOP races.

This matter pretty much finishes me as a Gilchrest supporter. The more I see how he represents this district in Congress, the less I like it. It's time for a change.

I apologize for the lack of hyperlinks, I just don't feel up to it now. Tomorrow I'll come back and edit those that are helpful into this post. Time for bed.

12:29 p.m. Friday: I added those two hyperlinks. Wish I could find newer oil supplier info than 2002, but it's roughly the same. No word from either Congressman Gilchrest or the Daily Times yet.